Friday, October 30, 2009

Freezing Friday

It really starting to feel like fall around here, the leaves from the neighbors tree is making a huge mess in my yard, an every year occurance, Its always the first tree to loose all of its leaves, and the wind blows them all over my yard, lucky for him but a mess for us. But its actually pretty, and the wind will pick up and blow them on to the next yard in a couple days.  Five years ago this month, my husband was sitting out on our bench in the front yard eating a piece of chicken, when along came a beautiful grey cat, he must have smelled the chicken because he instantly became my husbands new best friend. And my husband did the worse thing you can do , to a stray animal..FED HIM . That cat never left. He adopted us. He was very shy at first, he would only go to my husband, he followed him everywhere, probably hoping for some more chicken. Eventually we just took him in, got him a food and water bowl, a bed for the ledge outside under the window and gave him a name, "Ash", Because there was a huge fire going and there was Ash falling around us, and he was the same color.  Anyway, he finally warmed up to me, and the rest of the family enough to venture into the house, not for long, at the time my youngest was 5 and very active, so he scared him off out of the house, but that didnt take long for him to venture back inside. And found a welcome spot for him on our bed,






 Now 5 years later, he wants to stay in the house on cold nights, and windy days, but would rather be on the prowl on warm nights,  he is spoiled. He gets the scraps off the roasted chickens, he always seems to know when that is. He knows when my husband is about to come home, and is very sensitive to when we are not feeling well. He is a beautiful cat, so sorry to who lost him, but he actually didnt look very well when he found us, but now he is awesome. And on a cold windy day like today  he didn't waste anytime snuggling in for his ALL day nap.
Stay Warm Everyone..

5 comments:

stefanie said...

he is soooo pretty, i think cats have "the life"

fannipauline said...

What a beautiful cat and I love his name. I have 2 dogs and have never had an inside" cat. People use to drop off cats in the alley behind my house and at one time I was feeding 38......I know you are not suppose to feed them - but what else are you suppose to do when you know they are hungy. I live on an acre and on the fringe of the city so they had plenty of places to roam. I never could pet even one of them. I finally found a few homes and some just wondered away as it got too crowded I guess.
Happy Halloween...Pauline

CC said...

He's a beautiful cat..how lucky for him to have been found and adopted by his very loving family. I think I'm too early for Pink Saturday..but happy Pinks anyway. :)..and happy Halloween.

Anonymous said...

He's beautiful! I'm so glad you took him in. Look at him all snuggly in his pretty bed, as it should be ;) I love to watch an animal enjoy creature comforts. Just does my heart good.

Mary Bergfeld said...

What a beautiful cat. Your story does my heart good. I hope you had a wonderful Pink Saturday.