Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Pink Saturday~


HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!

WOW, this week flew by, With a visit to the pumpkin patch with ALL my boys, I cant believe they all wanted to go, I cherish these moments so much, My youngest still likes to go, plus now I have a grandson that was more interested in the bark than the pumpkins, then we have pumpkins to be carved and costumes to put together, and too much candy in the house already. Im exhausted!!
My kids are getting too old for mom to make their costumes , I would make them if they wanted me to, but with all boys, they have a mind of their own. My oldest now has his own son, so my sweet daughter in law had the pleasure of dressing him, Of course I wanted to do it, but I guess I have to step back. I have always made my kids costumes, never store bought. I always wanted them to be unique. But they have outgrown mom. This year my #2 son just couldnt decide if he wanted to dress up, my #3 son wanted to be a soldier, so at least he let his dad and me piece together his uniform, hoping it wouldnt offend any of our soldiers serving in the military. He ended up with my brother in laws Army shirt, a pair of camo pants from Target, and his dad picked him up a hat , belt and canteen from the Army surplus store which was from the Marines. He actually looked so cute, he was so proud to wear it.


 The last time my kids let mE make costumes, actually begged me , was the year they both wanted Star wars, they turned out so good, I still have the costumes, Too much work to get rid of them. Maybe my Danny will want to wear the larger one some day. 
Im so glad you came by today, And I hope everyone Has a Safe and Happy Halloween.

12 comments:

Ruth said...

Cute photos, happy PS!

Mollye said...

Your post made me smile because there is nothing in life sweeter than families lovin each other and having fun. The pincushion is lovely. Don't know why I can't seem to get off my duff and make one.

GwendolynKay said...

What fun! Lovely pumpkin! come by when you can.
Pink Blessings!
Gwen

Claudia said...

Happy Pink Saturday to you! I bet its hard to stop making costumes when you love it so! Have a wonderful Halloween!

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Happy PS and Happy Halloween.
I can't wait to see the pics of the kids in costume. Love the pics with the pumpkins, they are just priceless for sure.

I have been away from Pink Saturday for about a month. Found your blog today. Love it. Signed up to follow, and would love for you to pop over to mine and say hi. I would be honored to have you follow mine as well.

Have a wonderful, safe Halloween with the kiddos. We will have all (7) of the grandkids here tonight. Always fun when they are all together.

Take care sweetie, and Happy Halloween again. Country hugs, Sherry

Char said...

Oh Cyn the boys are so cute and I bet they are excited for tonight. Your pincushion is so pretty and I just wanted to wish you a Happy Pink Saturday and Happy Halloween, please be sure to visit me at someplace in thyme and not english cottage rose, that is my FFM site, Char

Coralie Cederna Johnson said...

What great Halloween fun! The children are so adorable! Thank you for sharing and I hope your weekend is wonderful! Please come visit when you have a moment!

fannipauline said...

I miss the days of making costumes. I made them for my 4 and then 2 of my grandchildren. I was blessed last year to make a costume for my great grandson. He was a monk and that was easy. I love your pincushion, but I think all of your creations are very pretty. Hugs and Smiles...Pauline

sherri@lavenderfielda said...

Happy Halloween, and Happy Pink Saturday! They don't stay young for long do they? I miss my boys being little! Tonight when I was answering the door, seeing these little tiny guys standing there it just seemed like yesterday when it was my kids! Makes me kind of sad!

Mary Bergfeld said...

What cute photos! I hope you had a wonderful Pink Saturday.

Unknown said...

Happy Pink Halloween!!!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun and I'm sure everyone had a blast. Never been to a pumpkin patch and carving with those scary faces really seems interesting :-)

Mizpah,
Li