Monday, March 15, 2010

Our Adopted Kitty

I dont know what it is around here, but for some reason, the cats just love our house. About 5 years ago, a beautiful gray cat adopted us, just showed up one day and never left.
Recently another beautiful Teenage Cat showed up, we tryed to discourage him from staying, he belonged to someone, Im sure they missed him. We hung signs around the area, and contacted the animal shelter, but no one claimed this dear little guy. He didnt want to leave anyway. I told my little guy to not get attached to him, because he did not belong to us, he was just on a journey passing though. But it has been 3 weeks now, and he isnt going anywhere. Last night I found him in my older sons bed. I just couldnt throw him out in the 30 degree cold when he was so warm and cozy curled up next to my son. So now what?  He is so friendly, he isnt afraid of anyone, he gets into everything, and I mean EVERYTHING. I found him up on my china cabinet playing with a champaign glass that my son gave me, that I hadnt put away yet.  He drinks out of the toilet,,YES,,he does! Craziest thing Ive ever seen. he chases a ball, he flips, he jumps out from behind the coach and grabs your leg, he chases the light of a laser pen. And he is a lovey. My oldest son gave him a name, even after I told him not too, HE ISNT OUR CAT!! But now we call him Bagerra, I guess its a character in the Jungle book, The spelling may be wrong too, I have no idea where or why that name, but now it fits.  So now we have another cat that has Adopted us. If we dont hear from anyone for a couple more weeks, he is going to be fixed.  For now he is a guest in our house, with his own food, his own bowl, and a feast last night of freshly cooked rotissorie chicken. What more can a cat want.
:)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cats have the sense about what is safe and what isn't. I would have to say that these cats know that they will be loved and secure in your home. Good for you for taking them in. Also -- thank you for following my blog. It has lead me to your beautiful blog. I'm going to follow you too. I'm going to be here for a while taking a look around. Glad that we have met!